Monday, February 24, 2020

µBITX

I picked up a µBITX transceiver from hfsignals.com (aka Micro Bitx) version 3 to play with.  I thought it would make a good radio for digital modes and maybe use it portable.  There are many web sites describing the radio, so I won't duplicate all of that here.
The neat thing is that the RF section is pre-wired yet it allows for easy modifications.  Since it uses an Arduino and the software is freely available, it is a good platform for playing.  There are many posts on ubitx.net that describe how others are modifying (and fixing) the original design.
The included LCD display is adequate and there are some impressive user mods available but I really want to be able to run it headless. Since I already have an Elecraft K3, I decided to implement a subset of their command set (which is similar to the Kenwood TS-480 commands).

A few mods
Things I did to my µBITX:
Next items:

FT-8
WSPR


No comments:

Post a Comment